"We are excited to be part of UPSO. Our titles represent the best of new research in the Humanities and Social Sciences and UPSO offers a suitably high-quality platform for our books. We are very pleased that there is such a technologically advanced, well-realised solution to make our content available to scholars all over the world and it's great that our Manchester brand will be so clearly identified with such an excellent platform."
David Rodgers, Chief Executive, Manchester University Press
Responding to increased demand for online scholarly content, UPSO streamlines the research process by making disparately published monographs easily accessible, highly discoverable and fully cross-searchable via one online platform. Research that previously would have required users to jump between a variety of books, and disconnected websites can now be concentrated through a single search engine.
Manchester Scholarship Online provides an online hub for the best in Manchester University Press monographs while also providing users with the latest set of highly intuitive tools to enable deep search across all the content in the UPSO program. As such, UPSO will be the premier online research tool—for scholars, teachers, graduate and undergraduate students—and an essential resource for all academic libraries.
Benefits of UPSO for academics, libraries, and partner presses:
· Provides the highest quality scholarly content across 22 subject areas
· Includes a vast and growing number of titles 7000+ titles will be available at launch, 652 of which are new titles, with abstracts and keywords at both the book and chapter level for each title
· All UPSO content is available in XML, which provides deep tagging and better search results. Content can also be saved downloaded to PDF
· Is fully cross-referenced and cross-searchable, with clickable citations from bibliographies and footnotes, including OpenURL and DOI-linking support
· Allows users to streamline research through a single online platform
· Can be easily integrated into library systems and updated frequently with new content
· Offers full customer support services as well as flexibility and choice in purchasing models
· Mobile functionality will be available later this year
· Increase discoverability and usage of university press scholarly materials
· Offers university presses unique opportunity to create an XML digital workflow and join a highly successful online scholarship platform, reaching the global academic market at low distribution costs
Niko Pfund, President of OUP, Inc., said, “We at OUP are delighted to welcome Manchester University Press to the UPSO fold. A dynamic publisher across a range of social science and humanities disciplines, Manchester has developed a list of distinction and flair in recent years and we’re pleased to be assisting the press in reaching its many potential readers around the world.”
Manchester University Press
Manchester Scholarship Online
Manchester University Press is one of the largest University Presses in the UK and publishes high quality monographs, textbooks, and journals by leading scholars from around the world for use by academics and students in higher education, as well as the more general audience.
To speak to Manchester University Press contact:Bethan Hirst | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)161 275 7746